There are of course many hotels and Self Catering Apartments to stay in Barcelona but less than you might imagine in the Heart of El Born itself, due to the nature of the older buildings and the density of clubs, restaurants and tourist attractions.
A few of the major accommodation choices include:
- Apartments In Barcelona Dames, C/ Dames, 1, directly behind the Santa Maria del Mar Church a good clean hotel for the young traveller.
- Ciutat de Barcelona, Princesa, 33-35, just 100m from the Picasso museum. A perfect central location.
- Pensió 2000, Sant Pere Més Alt, 6, 1ª, just next to the Palau de la Musica. Very suitable for older couples.
- Catalonia Born (Formerly Catalonia Princes), Rec Comtal, 16-18., on the northern edge
- Confortel Almirante, C/Via Laietana, 42 on the south western edge
- HCC Montblanc, Via Laietana, 61, Western edge.
The district being so compact it is but a few minutes walk to the south west into Ciutat Vella or Barri Gotic to have a very wide range of choices.
Self Catering Apartments are a great alternative to Hotels.
Try also looking here: